Plenary Talk A: Thursday 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Psychosynthesis and Healing: Exploring Illness and Wholeness with Dorothy Firman (49 min.)
Working with people who have a chronic or life threatening illness draws psychosynthesis principles into their essential goal: moving towards the wholeness of Self. Based on her book, “Engaging Life: Living Well with Chronic Illness.” This presentation will focus on psychosynthesis’ invitation to acceptance and right action.
Educational Objectives: Attendees will be able to:
– Understand psychosynthesis principles relating to illness.
– Learn techniques suitable for work with clients with illness.
– Explore meaning, purpose and values.
– Comprehend the essentials of the book “Engaging Life.”
– Become practitioners with a wider skill set.
Dorothy Firman, EdD, LMHC, BCC, is a psychotherapist and life coach and is the director of the Synthesis Center and its training programs. She is the author of many books and scholarly articles, is on the editorial board of the International Journal of Psychotherapy and is a professor of psychology at American International College.