Workshop 302B: Saturday 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Psychosynthesis Methods for Working with Trauma: Accessing Inner Wisdom with Victoria Gulino
This presentation will explore mind/body/spirit interventions using the brain’s plasticity to promote resiliency from traumatic experiences. Therapeutic interventions working with the “here and now” will be demonstrated, and how teaching a client to access and work with inner resources as a source of wisdom can be cultivated and developed.
Educational Objectives: Attendees will be able to:
- Learn tools to manage and work with difficult emotions.
- Understand the ability to create new neural pathways.
- Have tools for accessing inner wisdom.
- Understand the role of mirror neurons in the therapeutic relationship.
- Understand the potential of imagery.
Victoria Gulino, MSEd, LHMC, learned tools and interventions at the New York Psychosynthesis Institute. These have informed her work with adolescents in recovery from substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Additionally she has counseled adults who have been previously incarcerated and taught them access to inner tools for their empowerment.