Workshop 204 (10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
A presentation of techniques and the states of consciousness they facilitate in the left and right sides of the brain which, when used together, lead to hemispheric synchronization and a more full experience of the True Self: disidentification/objectivity; breath work/deep relaxation; reflective thinking/mental clarity; receptive thinking/insight; mental imagery/imagination; mandala art/pattern recognition and creative selfexpression; cognitive analysis/reason; inner dialogue/intuition; symbolic identification/empathy; homework and strategic planning/motivation and commitment.
Educational Objectives: Attendees will be able to:
● Understand psychosynthesis from a neuropsychological perspective.
● Be introduced to the concept of hemispheric synchronization.
● Understand the different psychological functions of the left and right hemispheres of the brain.
● Understand how specific techniques access and help utilize specific states of consciousness.
● Understand how when used together they can facilitate an experience of the True Self.
Michael H. Brown, EdS, LPC, LMFT, is a Licensed professional counselor, licensed marriage and family therapist, and fellow in clinical hypnotherapy. A practitioner of psychosynthesis for 42 years, he has made presentations at 64 regional, national, and international conferences, has 19 published articles, has conducted 140 personal growth and professional training programs, and has led 204 outdoor retreats called the Wilderness Vision Quest retreats throughout North America since 1975.